Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A 10-MINUTE TONE IT UP LEG WORKOUT

 Work your quads, booty, and calves with this 10-minute Tone It Up leg workout inspired by my workout at the Kohl’s x Studio Tone It Up event! 

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to sweat it out with two women who have
inspired me for years — Karena and Katrina of Tone It Up.

These dynamic ladies were two of the first fitness bloggers I followed and a large part
my inspiration for starting a health and fitness blog in the first place.

So when I was invited to attend the Kohl’s x Studio Tone It Up event at the Barker
Hangar in Santa Monica, naturally I jumped at the chance.


I was a little nervous initially, as I’m five months pregnant now and often unsure if I’ll
be able to keep up in certain exercises classes. Luckily, most of the moves were
pregnancy-friendly.

I was able to get a great burn alongside about 700 other sweat-loving gals, including
several of my favorite fitness friends.


I wanted to share some of the moves we did with you guys, so I created this 10-minute
Tone It Up leg workout that you can do at-home. This circuit works the entire leg and
can be repeated two to three times for an extra burn.
There is no equipment needed, just your bodyweight, so you can really do it anywhere.
Try it out and let me know what you think!

10-MINUTE TONE IT UP LEG WORKOUT


EXERCISE #1: SIDE LUNGE TO LEG LIFT

Start by lunging to one side, keeping your weight in the bent leg.


Then quickly press of that foot, lifting your leg out to the side. Repeat 10 times on
each leg.

You can reset after each lunge or balance on one leg after the lift.


EXERCISE #2: WIDE PILÉ SQUAT PULSES

Widen your stance as much as you feel comfortable and then press up onto your toes.
Lower your butt until you’re parallel to the ground. Pulse for a count of 15.


EXERCISE #3: NARROW PILÉ PULSES

Stand with your heels together, toes turned out. Press up onto your toes, keeping
your heels touching. Put a bend in your knees and raise your arms overhead.
Pulse for a count of 15.


EXERCISE #4: WARRIOR 3 LEG LIFTS

Balancing on one leg, hinge forward at the waist, lifting the other leg. The goal is
to get your body parallel to the ground but only go as far as you feel comfortable
and are able to keep your hips squared to the ground.

Pulse the lifted leg up and down for a count of 15. Repeat on the other side.


EXERCISE #5: SINGLE-LEG SQUAT KICKS

From the last exercise, place your hands on the ground in front of you and bend
your standing leg. Bring the knee of your lifted leg to the knee of your standing leg.


Straighten both legs as you kick the lifted leg toward the sky.

As I mentioned before, if you’re preggers like me, no need to worry — all of these
exercises are safe for pregnant women. Just watch your balance as your center of
gravity becomes a bit off the further you get along!


With a little knot I tied on the side, this sweat-wicking Nike top was perfect for
accentuating my growing bump. I paired it with these ultra comfy leggings from
Gaiam, which bunch up at the bottom so you can wear them normal length or pull
them over your heels during a barefoot yoga class.


What I’m most obsessed with though are these blush pink New Balance sneakers which are only $50 on Kohls.com right now. A crazy steal for this incredibly stylish pair of sneakers that is both fashionable and functional!